Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 or more detail group within report form

Status
Not open for further replies.

i12hvfun

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
SG
Hi All,
can any one help to suggest how to create a report using report wizard for the following scenario,
1. in detail portion, will print all record/s from File A
2. File A EOF() encountered, next line print all record/s from File B
3. continue step 2 until File n
thanks!

Hi

Look in..

How to print Multiple Detail bands in a Report
faq184-1253

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Thanks Ramani,
I have left out that all files (A - n) are having different file structure.
Any solutions?

Hi,

I have an application which was recently developed.. i think it was last May this year and I encountered the same problem as yours. What I did is that I use the set device to printer command and created the report programmatically, involving several tables and each table is like a detail band in the report designer and printed in each page. Actually, i cannot do this in the report designer but programmatically we can.

bren [glasses]
regards from the philippines

actually, Ramani's codes is the answer (only after reading a few time).
The modification I needed is to concatenate the different fields of the different files (structure) as childfield1.

select '1' as childno, field1A+field1B....as childfield1 from fileA union select all '2' as childno, field2A+field2B... as childfield1 into dbf (file)

thanks Ramani. Bren, hope this will help you too.

My initial plan is to program it but was looking for a quicker and simpler way of doing it (and I found it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back