Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 optipoint firmwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio23

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2020
IT
Hello,

Im looking for 2 firmwares to download:
- optipoint 420 standard v5r6.5.0
- optipoint 410 economy plus v5r6.6.0

been looking in but it seems to be empty.

Thanks in advance!

When on Tonido - if showing empty then click on 'files' again on the left hand side
OR use a different browser.

If any more files are required let me know here.

Thank you so much!
I can see the firmwares now, although I see that the exact firmwares that I need are not there. Do you know where may I get it?

OptiPoint is an old phone so not all is available.
Why do you need those exact types ?
I'll have another look to see but they are obsolete.

I've been using those for years and im satisfied with them.

Last firmware released for HFA was V5 R6.7.0. You should just use that.

I have only a few defected phones out of many and my department decided to keep them all in those versions.
Do you know where I can get them?

The optipoints have been no longer manufactured or supported for many many years. There is no official download point for the firmware anymore. If your department decided to keep the phones on those slightly older firmwares, they should alas have also decided to keep the firmware itself.

If you want the last released version, and it's not on the FTP server people use here, I would probably have it. It's no great upgrade step for you, 1 or 2 minor versions from what you have. It's still about 8/9 years old though. I don't know of a case where a phone on HFA V5 R6.7.0 had to be downgraded, it will work fine for you.

If your phones are actually defective, then I don't know if the firmware is the right solution for you, you might need netboot to make a low level flash on the phone. If (by chance) you have a problem with the display, firmware will not fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back