Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 NICs in server -> DC not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

My problem: I've a Win2000 Server with two NICs. Now, both have a static address, but one is not connected to a network (only to a hub, but nothing else, I'd like to use it later for the connection to another network -> Routing, NAT, etc., but not at the moment).
So that's why I tryed to configure my server that it's reacting only on one, the internal, nic.
All works fine, if this second connection is disabled (-> property of network -> then right mouse on this connection and disable...) ... but if I reenable it and then I start the mmc, it can't find the DC anymore witch is responsible for the group policy objects... and for all pings (ping server3) the same address (of the second nic) is used... never the other... why??
... shouldn't it use every time another IP address? (round robin) ... ?? I hope someone has an idea... please...

Hi,

I think you should check you binding order. In the property of network you can choose advanced and than advanced settings, try changing the binding order and put the first addaptor on top maybe this can solve your problem.

kind regards,,

asteriks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back