Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Newbie Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

itachi

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2004
US
I'm a definite newbie when it comes to the Meridian systems and I have come across two problems. I'm just trying it out and this person has a 2616 and whenever he dials an extension you don't see the person's name on the display you only see the extension, for example

only the extension is shown.

John Wood

This is what it should be showing. Is this fixable?

My second problem is this, whenever the person is on the phone and somebody phones him it doesn't go to his voicemail which I believe it should go to, it gives a busy signal. I was wondering how can you solve this? Is this possible to do?

Thanks.

For the firdt one.
You must go into admin and give a name to the set.

Depending on the system you have try this:

fonction * * config
password is: config

goto the second menu
select name and select the set number (extention no) enter the name and exit...

Have a look into the faq under voice mail and KSU programming

The other problem is probably du to the fact that the no answer DN and the DND DN is not set. you must enter your voicemail extention so the KSU will know were to revert the call on no answer. also check the on bussy DN and DND DN.

find a manual on the web...
Hope this helps

Assuming this is a Meridian & not a BCM or Norstar

go to LD95
REQ = NEW
TYPE = NAME

for the 2nd

in LD11
REQ = CHG
ECHG = YES
FDN = mail queue #
CLS = FNA HTA
HUNT = mail queue #

It's Meridian.

wdhb, I tried out ld95 but that just gives it a new name, what the problem is whenever he dials someone's extension he only sees their extension doesn't see their name above. I've tried about 10 different extensions so I'm sure it's a programming problem on his side.

For the 2nd solution you outlined can you be a bit more detailed? I'm still learning here. What's the Mail Queue #? and isin't it supposed to ask his extension or TN somewhere or how will you know which one to change?

Thanks.

Does this phone have CNDA in their CLS? If it's set to CNDD change it to CNDA. Also change the CLS to HTA and FNA. This will allow calls to go to the HUNT DN on a busy and the FDN DN on a no answer. If you still get stuck post a print of the set. Your mail queue is the four-digit ext. that points to your voicemail. Look at the DN next to anyone's MWK key. You'll see it there.

Thanks Coniglio, I figured it out. It's actually not that hard now that I think about it.

Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back