Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 network cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh139

Technical User
May 1, 2001
US
i tried to configure 2 linksys cards on my machine but really dunno which one signifes for each driver and also there is no routing taking place between these two cards .my intanet card routes packet only to my gateway address but not beyond that.

Please re-phrase your question and also be brief like what operating system you talking about....

do not set any gateways on your server, simply enable forwarding (only works when both NIC's are in a different subnet, otherwise you wouldn't have routing) Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

On dual-homed machines, I have always made it a policy in the past to use 2 different NICs. It makes things a lot easier for assigning addresses and knowing which card goes to which subnet.

Otherwise, see peterve's post.

Hopr this helps...:cool: - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

He's got a point... it is better to use different NIC's...

If you're not able to use different kind of NIC's, install the first, assign a fixed IP,
then plug in the second... that way you will see which adapter is not configured yet... Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

I will try this out today.

Thanx In advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back