Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 monitors on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
GB
Hi all, I have a Compaq D510 Tower with Windows XP installed. As I undertsand it, you can have up to 10 monitors in xp.

I recently connected 1 pci video card (so now I have the one pci card and a built in video card). I tried booting but the built in card became disabled and therefore I couldn't use 2 monitors.

I tried putting in 2 x pci cards. same thing. In the bios it had disabled on of the pci cards. it will not let me enable both of them only one.

I know its possible to use 2 monitors in xp. is this a limitation with compaq? I have upgraded to the latest bios too.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards.. karl

At least one of the PCI cards needs to explicitly support dual-monitor setups. In other words, it must be willing to share hardware resources.

I just purchased a nice 128 video card (nothing special - its for work) with two video out plugs. save money and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back