Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 line privte phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
Anyone know if the 9417CW has line privacy. I assumed that all multi line phones would, I was wrong. Any other options out there for analog phones? Need to have line privacy.

I don't think there is such a thing as "line privacy" on analog sets.
The carrier line loops to all sets so that means each set is direct to the C.O., nothing to stop it from grabbing a line.

This is where both terms "system" and "digital" come into play.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Curlycord, I suppose you are correct. I have seen analog sets that offer privacy so I know they exist (just can't remember the model).
Viking does have a privacy cord which I may end up using, the issue is they are only single line I need it on booth. There are only four phones so it seems a shame to install a proper system.

The link above is for a 2 line device. If they only have a one line device, why can't you get one for each line?

I have seen analog sets that offer privacy so I know they exist (just can't remember the model)."
I thought the same and then memory bank came up with Nortel's "venture" but specs say it only indicates when line in use.

For cost I can only suggest a used Norstar 3X8 since you know them....that system was made for them.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back