Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 different SIP Gateways in one Machine ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamovoCH

Technical User
Jul 3, 2008
CH
Hello everybody,
we have a new installation of a CS1k Rel. 6.0 right now. This one is sold with SIP-Dect and SIP-Trunk to the Provider (instead of E1/T1).

SIP Dect is working fine but it seems that it is mandatory to have this configured in SIP-Line and SIP-GW area of the node. For my SIP-Trunk to the provider i also need to put in configuration at the SIP-GW area.

What do i need to add to get a second GW entry possibility??

I tried different deployment at my 2nd SigServer but when i build a second node i am unable to add this SigServer to the node.

I also have a SiGserver with only SIPLine deployed but it is not possible to define SIP-GW on this one.

Any ideas about this???

Thank you and Best regards from Switzerland,
Mike

You would need to use a second SS dedicated to just the SIP trunking to your provider. There are also some patches that allow blank URI map entries (required for service provider SIP trunking). You would also of course then need a new node for this, and that node would be placed in any SIP trunks you create. I am using Verizon's SIP trunking service so I will answer what I can.

also trying to get sip trunking to carrier working,seems the carrier sees ip address coming from my media card instead of node address so we get one way audio--
enabled the sip redirect box and it made me fill
in e.164 settings (Public E.164/National domain name
and Public E.164/Subscriber domain name)--even though the pdf said to leave these blank-- I have +1 and +1814
in these field, now I get a fast busy-carrier seeing ---
18142312344:phone contect= +1
they said they should not see +1--
cant seem to clear the e.164 settings,any help would be
appreciated.

Hello nikeair,
first of all many thanks for your answer!

In total i have 3 CPPM Cards at this site.

First one is deployed co-res CS+SS+NRS+EM, this one is configured in Node 100 and has the GW configuration for SIP-Dect.

Second one is deployed with only SS. I created a new Node 101 but i am unable to add my SS (it is not screened under my scrollbar at "add elements"). If i try to add it into my Node 100 there is no Problem.

My 3rd is deployed with SIPLine, i see this one under my scrollbar and could add this one to my Node 101 but on SIPLine it is not possible to configure GW settings.

Have you ever seen that?? Any additional ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Is your SIP Provider SS setup as a leader? The only reason I would think that it would not show up under the new node is that it is setup as a follower.

oicu2 -

Are you using a separate SS as well for your SIP trunking? There is a patch to enable blank URI maps (I'm not sure of the exact patch #), from my experience you have to leave them blank from the beginning. Meaning if you enter information, save, and then try to go back and remove them it won't let you save it. This is what I experienced on 5.5 anyway.

Yes nikeair I have a separate SS in its own node for the LD
Sip---I do have the patches installed (3 of the 5 anyway. other 2 were not available--status "vod" whatever that means)
You may be right because uri was blank and we almost had it working (calls complete but 1 way audio, carrier said they were sending rtp stream back to the ip ipaddress of the media card, I think It should have went to the SS Sip node ip-so I turned on sip redirect on the SS and then it made me put in the uri, now I can not remove them-- rls 5.5j

We found out why the SigServer was not addable to the node.

The specific SigServer was defined as backup Server for the Security Domain. After demont him from the security domain and set it as a member server we were able to add him to the Node and the 2nd SIP-GW is now working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back