Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Detail sections showing 2 different tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgg

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
BB
Good Morning All

I have an audit trail report to produce and I need to find out if crytal report 8.5 can assist me.

Is it possible to have 2 detail sections with each showing information from different tables?

I have to produce an audit trail report, where the audit table contains the old occurences of the record before the current occurence. The particular table is a detail type table which can have multiple records for one transaction. So I would like to show detail records for the current transaction in one detail section and detail records for the audit transaction in another detail section.

If anyone has any idea of how this can be done, I would be greatful for your help.

Thanks,

wgg

I would create 3 reports. The first would be a report on current occurences for each group 1 element. The next would be a report of the old/audit occurences for each group 1 element.

Then place each of these as subreports linked to the master report on the group 1 element, sitting side by side (or over/under if that is how you want to display them.

You can use the master report for group footer info if it will be the same in both subreports...

In the end, it should appear you have a single report with two detail sections for each group 1 element.

Thanks very much for your help, I'll give it a try.

wgg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back