Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 data sets on list report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish2201

Programmer
Sep 4, 2012
US
Hi,

I have a requirement in which I need to have 2 sets of data in a list report. To be specific, I have 8 columns in the list, first 4 columns will have the data for the entire table, rest 4 columns will be of a subset of the whole data. e.g. if first 4 will have counts or some calculated values of all the ADDRESS, the 2nd 4 columns will have counts/calculated values for the "ADDRESS NOT HAVING A ZIP CODE".

Can anyone please let me know how I can do this? If I am applying filter for last columns, I would miss the records for the first 4 columns.

I am very new to Cognos, any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!!

Perhaps the easiest solution is to build a union based on 2 seperate queries.

For the first query define the first 4 dataitems as real items and the second 4 as 'dummies'

Do the same for the second query but then reversed.

If you union these 2 sets, then you can build a list against the union with 8 columns.

Each query can have it's own filter defined, thus making sure you do not lose data..

Ties Blom

Thank you so much blom0344 !!!

I tried the same and it worked. :)
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back