Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 column combo box issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTitus

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
US
Hello i have a combo box that displays 2 columns. The first displays an answer and the second an Answer_ID. Right now the answer saves into a table but i want the Answer_ID to also save into a table. I set the column bound equal to 2 and have been trying to solve this problem but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Is it getting saved into the same table? If so, why would you store the Answer and the answer ID? This is not considered Normalization and is going to cause you major problem if updates must be done at a later time. You should only be storing the AnswerID and then use it to link queries and reports to the Text answer.

"I know what you're t'inkin', ma petite. Dat Gambit... still de suave one, no?"

Yeah i know your correct about the normalization. The problem is this is for a one time review and my boss doesnt know much about databases and is pretty set on what he wants. I have stored the ID for question and review type and linked it to the text but i run into a problem with answer. The review is made up of 24 questions each with five possible answers. No question has the same answers and my boss wants each questions answers to be valued between 0 and 5.
That was my case but i just spoke to him and now we are just going with the id.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back