Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Avaya IPO Office with PRI Card's, Routing Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbaits

Technical User
Aug 7, 2013
US
I have 2 locations that are connected together with Avaya IPO500, they can inter-extension dial from one location to another etc. If site A wanted to place a call out of Site B's PRI instead of Site A's PRI card, how would one do that?

Thanks,

You would create a shortcode to send the dialled digits down the created SCN line.

So if you dial with a 9 at site B then on site A create something like

8N
dial
9N
SCN line group ID

Then anything dialled with an 8 prefix would go across to the other site and be treated as though someone on that site had dialled a number with a 9 prefix.

| ACSS SME |

I tried that and its comes up as "Onobtainable." When i make the short code and select the line ID i have to manually put in "17", its not in the drop down. Anything i need to change in the VoIP settings?

Site A wants to dial out of Site B IP Office

Set up a h.323 line to connect both Avaya IPO's and can communicate inter extension (thats working).
Site B to dial out is 9 then the # so its the default short code
9N
dial
N
line group ID: 50Main

Site A Short Code to access Site B IP Office:

8N
dial
9N
line group id: 17

I had to manually put in the line group ID.

17 is the number of the line, just an identifier and can't be changed. The outgoing line group ID is in the line settings, that's what appears in the dropdown box :)

Ok so what needs to be set in the line ID on site a end in the short code? Line 17 is the identifier for h.323 connection to site b. The main line out of site a is Main:line50.

Outgoing group ID!

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Thanks Guys it worked!, i got messed up on not putting in the Outgoing Group ID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back