Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Attendants & Night Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldclyde

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
I have a customer (car dealership) with a Legend 7.0 and Keyvoice VM. They have 2 attendant consoles. 1 in service and 1 in sales. Presently the attendant console in service (x300) has a night service button and controls the day/night status of the Legend. In the near future, the Sales dept is going to be staying open longer than service. Can I (and if I can, how do I) put a night button on the Sales console (x399) that will put the system in night mode when she goes home and then when the Service attendant comes in in the AM she can push her button on the Service console and put the system back into day mode? Just assigning a night button didn't do it. At least I don't think it did. If 1 of the consoles puts the system into night service, will the light come on on the other consoles night button? The 2 consoles are not near each other so it isn't convenient for the Sales attendant to go to the Service console to put it into night mode. Thanks in advance.

use time control in night service to work better, than nobody needs to worry about a button

O.K., I don't know about your V.M., but there are mode codes that switch the greetings from day to night mode. If your VM accepts these codes and your greetings are changed as well as ringing by pressing the night service button, then you will have to change one of the greetings to be changed by time instead of the legend. If not, then yes, you can assign another night service button to the second console, assign the lines to the console that should be changed over for that area. Then assign the VM calling group as well. Sysprog-->night serv-->group assign-->lines{{add lines to be switched for this console}}-->and calling group{{VM calling group}}. About the keyvoice VM, I have no idea...if you had a merlin mail or messaging you would be ok. Good luck.

I don't have a problem with the keyvoice, Jinxs. It changes day/night greetings based on time. What I'm really looking for is the ability to set and unset night service from either console and have the other console know about it by lighting the night serevice button on the other console, sort of the same concept as 3-way switches, electrically. When I set up both consoles with night service buttons and had the customer press either one of them (the customer is remote to me) the other consoles night service button did not light. I'm not really sure......(LIGHT BLINKING ON OVER MY HEAD). I don't even need a night button of any kind on this setup. All trunks are answered by the voice mail all the time--duh!! The night button hasn't really done anything since we put in the voice mail. All the same trunks are in both the direct group calling group as lines sent to the voice mail group and in night service for the service console x300. Just goes to show how you can get screwed up not thinking the situation through. Thanks, anyway, but just out of curiousity, is there a way to have 2 consoles control the same set of trunks in night service??

you can have two consoles for different night service, but they have to control different trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back