Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Alternate Recipients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahBaley

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2001
GB

Hi

I have a mailbox which is no longer used, however for the time being I would like to "copy" any mail received in this mailbox to another mailbox in the same site/server and also to custom recipient.

It seems to me that I can only specify one alternate recipient.

There must be a way around this?

Thanks

Well, if you make a distribution list with the names of the recipients in it, could you not set the rule to forward all received mail to said list ?

I could do, but I would have to have a Outlook client open to enforce the rule - I do not want to do this, I need the redistribution to take place at the server.

Thanks

G

How about creating a pst folder and copying it to whichever recepients you need to send it to.
You can then delete the mailbox. If new messages are to be retained for the old user, you can specify the old e-mail address into an existing mailbox.
So you have kept the old mail, and will receive new mail also.

Guch

Create the custom recipient if you have not already done so. Put that custom recipient and the other mailbox to which you want these messages delivered in a Distribution List. Specify this Distribution List as the alternate recipient for the mailbox in question.

Thanks,

The DL was the answer! (obvious really..)

Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back