Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Agents getting a call center call

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodyk

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
Has anyone had this experience? I have a Definity G3si v9 with EAS active and occasionally 2 agents get the same incoming call at the same time. They're using standard wired headsets with auto-answer on (ziptone). The sets are Callmaster V's. It's weird!

I have had that occasionally happen here. Definity prologic v6. On Callmaster IVs with ziptone. Call comes in to 2 agents simultaneously and shows up on display as a confrence call. Bizzare. Happens very rarely here. I haven't been able to replicate it in a control experiment.
-Jay

We have experienced this problem as well. We are using a G3R on 9.5 with Callmaster 5 sets, but no auto-answer.

I'm not even sure if the problem is the Definity, or our P.R.I. circuits acting up, i.e. channel info scrambled.

Of course, no alarms or troubles to research. What's Up???

We actually had this problem before we had PRI.
Probably not that.
-Jason

Sounds familiar,from the old days
never seen it again lately in the V8, V9XX releases though.
Take a look at your logs.
With mine, there were allways errors, like ISDN-SGR and TDM bus errors.
Another issue related at times this happened, would be phones ringing without a line connected, and phone would ring indefinately.
strangely it seemed to only happen on callmaster sets.

My logs don't show squat. My T1's aren't even PRI. I just wind up with 2 agents talking to the same customer.

Same problems, no errors on the pbx and none on the PRI. Also had a vendor meet with avaya and the PRI to do some testing and still nothing. So we started calling the customer back to see if they could supply us some helpful info. We found out that each customer we called either had call waiting or a two line phone. We had long queue times and these customers would call in, get tired of holding, hang up, and redial thinking it would push them to the front of the line. We believe that the ones with two lines was not disconnecting the first but actually conferencing in the second line with the same 800#. And as for the ones with call forwarding...something freaky with their service.

Try to trace the two stations that it usually happens. We have experienced this before and found that it usually happens on a Digital line Card with Vintage 10 or less. When have eliminated the problem when we change the digital line card to V20.

Is the call coming directly to the Agents or is it routing through an IVR? The IVR may be doing a conference and not a transfer. This uesed to be a trcik by Agents to tweek their call stats. Answer the call immediately transfer to caller to another agent, great stats! Is this possible in you Call Center?

Thanks

Chris

We had all manner of starnge stuff happening with our G3r v8 including this but we were advised to reboot our switch. This seemed to clear most of the starnge goings on including this. Hope this helps
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back