Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2.0 Web Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

john82

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
I am trying to install the MM web client. I have recently built a server with Microsoft Server 2003 on it. I installed IIS and the FTP option. When I go to install the WC, I immidiatly get a message "FTP must be turned on, please activate FTP in IIS." I have double checked, uninstalled, and re installed the FTP portion, I still get this message. Can anyone help?

I would check and make sure it will work on Windows 2003 server. The last web client I did with MM2.0 was using Windows 2000 server.

I know what your saying, but in reality why would that matter...

I think you need to be at MM Release 3.0 to run the web client software on Windows 2003 server. MM Release 2.0 web client docs prerequistes say Windows 2000 server.

The other thing maybe to check is to make sure the FTP service is started???

I have never used web client on 2.0 on anything other than win2000 and it works fine.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Does anyone else see the flaw, why would you only be able to run this software with win2k and not 2k3. There has to be a way.

Well there is not a flaw it is just that some software is written to run a particular platform. There are many changes from Win 2000 and Win 2003 server and DLL's and drivers that work in one will not work in the other.

also 2003 is much more locked down and will not let some older drivers and dll's run as it sees them as a security threat.

I agree with you but believe me I have tried with many products that run on 2000 to run them on 2003 and almost without exception they fail.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks evryone, I downgraded to WIN 2k LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back