Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1Z1-147 vs 1Z0-101 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

avhr

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
US
Does anybody know what is the difference between these two tests? It seems like both are to test PL/SQL, but there must be some difference between these two.. ?

I have taken both and I'd say there are a few main differences. The 1Z1-147 test is a beta which means the scoring tkaes 6 weeks or so. That also means it has about 3 times as many questions in the same time frame. I started to run out of time in 1z1 but had lots of time left over on the 1Z0-101 test.

1Z1-147 seemed harder. There were some gotchas for me regarding the rules for parameters in functions and procedures (stuff I should have remembered). There were more "managing dependencies" questions also.

casajarm, thanks a lot for yur reply!! What books or other study materials did you use to prep. for 1z1-147?

Casajarm,

Can you please provide more details with regard to the 1Z1-147 test beta? The 1Z0-101 Develop PL/SQL Program Units is the only exam "guide" available and am not sure what the exact differences are. I am an experienced programmer and should not have too much trouble with the test but was wondering if you could clarify on "a few main differences". Thanks in advance!

I am planning to write this exam as soon as the production version is released (in july 2003). Which book did you read for this exam. I found lot of similarities in both 101 and 147 so, i am reading the 101 exam guide for 147. Can you please let me know if i am on the correct path.

Also, did you get a chance to visit yahoo groups (ocpfree and oracle_dba). Can you please visit these groups and check the file section. There are some pdf's for exam 101. Can you please go throught them and let us know if both the exam are similar.

Thanks,
Apps User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back