Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1XP Failure after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
So, we just upgraded a SE physical server from 11.0.4.4 to 11.1.2.2 (via 11.0.4.5)

All seems OK apart from 1XP will not operate. The service is running OK (checking via console) but remains orange on the services status on platform management.

The logs have the errors:
one-X Portal at com.avaya.server.application.SystemSessionManager$SubscribeThread.run(SystemSessionManager.java:330) [classes/:?]
one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:25:44,201 ERROR ApplicationSession - Updating app session for user : inyama_user : Exception Msg : Service not initialized yet. : negativeResponse : com.avaya.common.wssession.StartApplicationSessionNegResponse_Exception: Service not initialized yet.
one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:25:44,201 ERROR SubscribeThread - **** Login failed for Application User : inyama_user : Error Code : ErrorCode [definedError=null, applError=Service not initialized yet.] : loginAttemptCount 841

and

one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:26:22,500 ERROR ProcessLogger - Error from process : Postgres-9.4-Restore-error : [sudo] password for onexp: runuser: invalid option -- '9'
one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:26:22,730 ERROR ProcessLogger - Error from process : Postgres-9.4-Restore-error : [sudo] password for onexp: runuser: invalid option -- 'r'
one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:26:22,972 ERROR ProcessLogger - Error from process : Postgres-9.4-Restore-error : [sudo] password for onexp: runuser: invalid option -- 'r'
one-X Portal 2022-06-24 15:26:24,224 ERROR ApplicationSessionManagerImpl - startApplicationSession(), exception java.lang.Exception: Service not initialized yet.
one-X Portal java.lang.Exception: Service not initialized yet.

Any tips please?

1XP is not mentioned in the list of known upgrade potential issues

Many thanks

Hi

I'm having the same problem.

Out of interest, what are the log file names you are looking at? as mine is different.

Have had an open case with Avaya for over 4 weeks, have you raised this with Avaya too?

Thanks

Hi, this is the log output viewable in the 'Logs' tab in platform management.

No we have not raised a ticket with Avaya, we would not be able to in this instance.

We had not done an 11.0 to 11.1 upgrade on a physical server before so though we would run through the procedure in the lab before going to site.

Glad we did!

Have Avaya not come back with anything?

Happened to me also. The reason was that one-x was reset to default.
I had a backup and i restore the one-x and it worked.

@chriscon
was this with a physical server also?

We've upgraded virtual machines without any issues

Yep it was a physical server. On virtual i didn't had any issues also.

No meaningful update from Avaya after 4 weeks despite this being an outage as webRTC doesn't work.
The issue is that we can't even log in to onex admin.

We have a backup, how did you restore the onex from the backup?

Mine on a physical server

From the web :7070 go to actions restore and then choose to restore only the one-x portal.

Will the DB backup via the AFA login also work?

Restored from backup, this worked until the server was restarted, not unable to login, but onex service is now green.

There clearly seems to be an issue around upgrading physical servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back