Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1ToMany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheri

Programmer
Sep 28, 1999
US
I am considering upsizing to an sql 6.5 from Access. I am concerned about the ability to update both the tables on the one and many side of a join. I will be using a form with a subform. The subform will be souced from the many table and the main form will be sourced from the table on the one side of the relationship.oes antone know if this will be a problem?

No, this should not cause any problems -- it is doable. You should not notice any differences in your application (the Access forms) when you move your data into SQL Server. <br>
<br>
It's a good move to get your db out of Access. It's a great tool for prototyping or working with data -- but, if this application will be used by very many people, or contains important information, you will want to place it into a 'real' database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back