Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1a2 light housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackybear

Technical User
Jun 17, 2011
CA
Hello everyone!

I have a 1a2 KSU with a few telephones. i would like to add a light indicator on a 2500 straight set.
I was wondering if some of you have the name or number code for this lamp housing.

I am unable to find anything on the internet.

Regards

SL

Are you thinking of a 21-type Lamp Indicator?

Page 4

Do you mean specific one? has to be original?
If so then describe it.

Besides the loose ones Professor describes (from 1940/50's)
I recall the beige housing ones with a white dome that had a metal base that would hook onto the base of the telephone just under it's cover.

Then there is the ones that went onto the face plate of the dial pad (touch tone) and it is those that you could probably buy anywhere, sample: "led indicator" (and drill a hole for it if need).

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Professor Shadow,

Thanks for the document!
Yes 21 would do the trick but I would prefer Curlycord’s choice.

The 21 type light housing is a bit big to adapt to the phone.

Placing the light on the dial pad face plate sounds the best option.
The only problem is that I would like to use the light bulbs from the 1a2 system.

Cheers!

SL

Besides the loose ones Professor describes (from 1940/50's)" ...and 1980's

I was thinking 500 not 2500.

Check this for the correct model that has one installed Page 3. Look under Part 5 Special Features you will see the codes for the proper set.

You never mentioned if the purpose is for Message Waiting Indicator or Off-Hook Indicator.

Sorry,
It will be used for off hook indication.

After searching on Google I think a message waiting light would do the trick.
Now what I need to know is if this housing uses normal 1a2 lamps that are found in the
2565 for example.
If not, can it be modified?

SL

Thank you for the link Misseditbythatmuch.

SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back