Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1700 connecting to Citrix via VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybym

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
MX
I have a 1700 router using nat. I am able to establish a VPN connection to a remote site, but am unable to make a Citrix connection. If I make a dialup connection to the internet I am able to connect, so it looks like my router needs additional configuring.

I have looked for config info, but the only thing I found is info on ports to open when I'm hosting the citrix server myself.

tia,

Bob M..

It could be all kinds of things. Make sure you are allowing ports 1494 and 1604 through the firewall or router.
Also, make sure you do not check use firewall option in citrix connections and use the private addresses for the servers, not the public addresses. Besides that, you need to post more detail. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

cpace,

>> Make sure you are allowing ports 1494 and 1604 through the firewall or router <<

Can you give me the command for this? I tried some things with the access lists, but I really don't have a clue what I'm doing yet.

I am running a 1700 with NAT, connecting over the internet with the Cisco VPN client 3.1.2. From what I understand, the Citrix host is running behind a Pix firewall.

I am able to connect over my dialup connection, so it would seem to be something on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back