Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1692 Polycom phone error 2204

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhray

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2011
We have a few 1692 polycom phones which worked ok for months but have now started giving errors. User have used them for conference calls and then for no apparent reason in the middle of a call they die, an error 2204 shows up and then the phone re-boots. Has anyone seen this before or know whta the cause is

AgeEndpts (2204) force unregister the link bounce phone if its
link loss delay timer expired and it is not on the call.

Hardware platform? Definity / CM software version?
CLAN FW?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Last year we loaded 1.32 and the 1692s stopped doing that.

We are running 1.30

I have two new phones of this model and when I plug them in they do not work. I have a DHCP server, correctly configured, and I have downloaded and installed the 1.4 version of firmware.

These appear to be looking for sip.ld (SIP.LD - for clarity)
I am using MV_IPtel as my HTTP server.

I really hate these phones and believe them to be the same qualtiy of trash as the 96x1 series of phones.

Anyone have these working 1.4?

I've just got 3 of these upgraded onto the 1.4 firmware as we had the same issues of calls disconnecting mid call and the 2204 error message.

Upgraded and working fine now on the latest firmware. Although these were the 1st ones I have upgraded and wasn't aware that the 0000000000.cfg file needed to be renamed to the serial number of the unit!!! Bizarre

I did not have to rename anything - just dropped the files in the folder and rebooted the units. However, we do have one that refuses to pull in the new firmware - it is staying on 1.32. The other ones in that office worked...we even tried moving this Poly to a port where the others pulled in 1.4 - any thoughts?

demanding:

You may have gotten by without creating a 000000000000.cfg file where 000000000000 is the mac address of the phone. I have a few of these deployed now, and on my http file server I have a .cfg file that is named with the MAC address of the phone for each of my devices. This is the correct action to take.

Thanks all. The firmware upgrade seems to have cured the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back