Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1692 IP Conference phone won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick44

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
GB
Hi,
This is on a CM 6.2.
IP Conference phone firmware load 1.4.3
Phone goes through startup routine and then sticks at "Running... App=1692_014000.bin"

They did work, but following a local power failure now stick at this.

Any ideas please?

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Those polycoms have been a problem for us too. I have a way we get around the boot issue.. let me dig it up and get back to you.

Thanks

Speak softly and carry a big switch

I have the same issue with the Avaya 1692 IP conference phones. Upon bootup, the 3 lights just stay lit solid with no screen indications. They say it's realted to firmware in which I agree, but how can you load new firmware when the phone is in this state? There has to be a procedure somewhere. I've read everything from power cycling the phone to holding down the mute button upon power up. Anyone else have any luck?

Try booting them off one of the power supplies, and off your network. Sometimes doing that and then connecting them back to the network switch fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back