Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1616 Phones lose registration (Password error - # to continue) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafetz

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2011
DE
Hi,

there are already some posts with this problems but for me without a solution. Disabling "Media Security" doesn't work for me. I already had Avaya support dealing with this problem - there seems to be no solution.

Now my question:
I have a few devices unregistering every now an then. Maybe they work for weeks without problems. But you can guess that it fails in this moment, when you really need them. And then there will be a user who doesn't know how to activate the phone again (I only have 1616 phones in rooms where they are used only single times in a year so one problem is that anybody notices the error).
The Avaya IP Office System Status App can tell me in "System -> H.323-Extensions -> Unregistered IP phones" if one of my 1616 phones lose registration.
Is there a way to somehow get an alert if one of my phones lose registration? Maybe with an external monitoring tool?
Unfortunately cmd with ping isn't enough to find the phones with this error...

You can set up alerts in the IPO but to activate it you need to reboot the system.

It should do it when you use the "Phone Change" option in the alert and it should email you if the SMTP server is setup in the system.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

In addition
you could try and assign a static IP to the phone as I have had in the past that some phones acted up in a site that was on dynamic DHCP and once setup statically all was good to go. Especially if there are VLAN's assigned for voice.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Thank you very much for your help!
At the moment I preferred the alert for "Phone change". Looks well while testing.
I hope it will trigger next time when a phone is losing registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back