Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1608-i firmware upgrade problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRISTIAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
MT
Hi, how do I upgrade the firmware on this phone. I need to upgrade as when the phone is connected it starts rebooting by itself. I tried two methods, I set the microsoft IIS home folder to the manager directory of admin suite, set filke server on phone the pc running iis, but to no avail, and made sure no firewall is on.

Also tried via manager, i.e. set file server to pabx ip, set tftp server and http server as to pc running admin suite but file is not being taken, the tftp log is receiving the bootp request from phone but is unable to process.

Any help is appreciated!

Make sure your working directory is pointed at the manager folder. You may need to close manager and reopen for it to start working.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

set tftp server and http server as to pc running admin suite but file is not being taken" that's the issue, you need to set the systems own address as the HTTP server and the pc running Manager as TFTP server :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

I set it like that just now and it did take the files, confirmed from tftp log. It took 16xxupgrade.txt; 46xxsettings.txt; and hb1608ua1_2100.bin so the first part of problem is solved.

Still, when it finishes, it boots with its extension, but only after a few seconds it restarts. I tried multiple phones, all doing the same : /

We had problems with the 1608-i on pre V6 systems. Had to replace them with 1608s.

Problem is that client has a small office edition. So only solution seems changing phone model.

It is not possible as the symptoms are the same for all the new phones irrelevant as where they are installed as I tried them both at client and at our offices.

This is the problem: hb1608ua1_2100.bin

They need hb1608ua1_2200.bin :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Thanks tlpeter. How can I make this work then pls? from where is it possible to get this firmware?

I downloaded Admin CD maint release for ip office version 5. I searched the contents but I did not find the file. Also installed locally on my pc but cannot find such file : /

also made a small search and found this link :

which states that 1608-i are compatible with version 4.2(11)

The 4.2.11 is only for the 1600 without the i!!!
The doc is wrong.

You need to be at 5.0.20 or higher.
If you have installed 5.0.20 then it is there.

This is not an attack but do not be stubborn, i am right.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Thanks all for your help,

managed to work after editing 16xx file to take the correct bin file and upgrading the pabx to 5.0.20

no I upgraded our IP500 at the office.

(I did not try to upgrade the SOE 4.2 (20), but had a try connecting the upgraded phone (1608i 5.0.20 firmw) to it but kept rebooting as it did at the office.

We ordered a couple of 5610s for this client just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back