Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

16:09 problem urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivro

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
GB
hi.
i have recently filmed and edited a music video.
it was filmed in 16 by 9 format and while i was editing i presumed that it was in 16:09. when i exported it and played it back on my tv i dicoved that it did not have the conventional bars and there for was not in 16:09.
dose any body know why this may be and how i could get it in to the requied format. thanks

are you playing it on a regular 4:3 tv? or a widescreen(16:9) tv?

i belive its a standard 4:3 tv

your gunna need to find a program that will let you scale the 16:9 down to 4:3 (like we see when we buy letter box movies) others wise your gunna neeed a 16:9 tv to veiw your video properly.

when i remeber the name of a program that can do that ill post here for ya.

cheers

You could try importing the project into a new Premiere project set for 4x3 and go from there to 4x3 output.

Different subtleties between old Premieres and Pro for this, so if you have problems, say which one we need to sort out.

thanks 4 all your help, im going to try your surgestions 2nite and with a bit of luck it will work, il tell u how iv got on

cheers

hi
thanks every 1, i solved my problem but by doing so it has created another.
after getting it into letterbox it has moved the possition and preportion of a number of tings one of wich being the box that coved the licence plate but now the plate is visable. dose any one know why this is and do u know the quickest way of getting it back 2 how it was.

cheers

They can only move if they are separate clips on the timeline, so use Motion to move them back where you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back