Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

15 people on a conference call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faph

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
CA
Is there a way to initiate a conference call for 15 people from a Meridian 1.

I do not want to use an External service.

Thanks

You can initiate up to 5 additional callers, then the individual callers COULD conference from their locations, but not off the same switch. I have never tried to conference someone then have them conference others.

But when you do this, the quality of the call will drop dramatically.

Test it with some people in the office and see how it sounds.

Your best bet would still be an external service, unless you have a MICB then you could do it.

John

Use the MICB (Meridian Intergrated Conference Bridge).
One card give you 32 ports.
Check the NTP for more information.

Javier

Javier got it!!! MICB is the way to go. GO right out and buy one!!! Nortel needs the money!!!!! ;p

are the calls internal or external, if you use group call for the internal, you can do 15.. for outside, i don't know of a way

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I agree with the MICB. I have one here and it is easy to schedule calls. As we give it to our user they can access it via the LAN, Telephone, or Form in MS Outlook calander. Easy to administrate as well.

Technically, the AO6 key is supposed to allow a conference call for up to 6 participants, but since Rls 23 I've noticed that I'm able to go beyond 6, up to the amount of resources available on my conference card...

I don't think that this a supported feature, however!

it seems that if you conf six parties and one of the users is internal, they could conf 6 more and so forth.. but like the above post said your conf cards get full, no more conf feature.. might try group call them conf parties external, if you can conf after a group call.. i have used a hardware conf, have 12 people call the same mcr analog, and have them hardware bridged in the switch room. just used a lamp to (neon) to see incoming calls, then used a switch to make each unit common.. years ago i used that set up for election coverage.. all areas called then same number with the vote total

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back