Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

14xx vloume issues.....fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
Has anyone run the new maintenance upgrade yet? Did it fix the 14xx issues?

Just want to see whats up....

They tell me that the next maint release will allow up to 30 simultaneous sessions. They are still working to compress the image to make the upgrade time faster. So...no..not now.

I think so.
I have just seen the techbully.

Code:
IP Office Technical Bulletin
Bulletin No: 129
Release Date: 24 January 2011
Region: Global
Low Speakerphone Volume on 1400 Series Digital Telephones
An issue has been identified in the field where some customers have reported insufficient speakerphone volume for the 1400 digital telephones. This is occasionally experienced when the telephone is used in a noisy environment. As an interim solution Avaya has provided two additional software releases, IP Office Administration 6.0(1803) and 6.1(504).
Temporary Resolution
A new firmware load has been created giving the choice of:
a) Turning “automatic gain control” off in order to get the maximum possible volume (this is also available in previous telephone firmware). With very loud incoming signals the voice quality may distort. This can be corrected by turning down the speaker volume
b) Turning “automatic gain control” on in order to get a more constant volume with amplification of soft speakers and damping of very loud signals. This will get best overall performance but in some cases with slightly reduced maximum volume.
This firmware is available as an interim solution for customers that need immediate improvements while Avaya continue to optimize the settings, and comes outside our normal Maintenance release cycle.
IP Office software for both R6.0, version 6.0(1803) and R6.1, version 6.1(504) with support of the 1400 R15 firmware will be available on January 24 through usual support channels and on support.avaya.com.
It is recommend that this software to be installed primarily for customers that need an immediate resolution of this issue. Both the IP Office software and the 1400 series telephone firmware need to be upgraded.
Sites not experiencing these issues do not need to update their firmware or system software to these versions.
COMPAS ID 149935 Issue 1 Page 1 of 2
Global IP Office Technical Bulletin Number 129
Final Resolution
A final software resolution of this issue will be available in the next Maintenance Release of IP Office R6.1. This is expected to be in the middle of February 2011. This Maintenance Release software will also deliver other improvements, including further fine-tuning to ensure the best possible audio quality.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Yes, TB129. Avaya had a call announcing that the fix was posted Friday afternoon. Just wanted to know if the patch actually addressed the issues.

I think that they intend to roll out quite a few improvements to the 14xx series in the next maint release of 6.1. The improvemnts I referred to actually regarded the "other improvements" not outlined in the TB.

I have this patch out to a few different BPs...waiting on them to upgrade and get back to me. I will try and keep you posted.

There are new 6.0 and 6.1 admin cd's for this problem.
Have a look on the support site.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Just to share our experience: We installed a new v2 in Partner mode with 1408's and 1416's. All sets had low speaker volume and an overbearing, consistent "reverberation" on every outside call. We installed 6.0.1803, which fixed the speaker volume on all phones, but the reverb only on the 1416's.

6.1.504: so far, so good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back