Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1416 with bad dbm32's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
New install IP500v26.0.8
combocard
combocard
ds8
ds8

I have 2 receptionists with 1416's and a dbm32 (1 each)

One users button module works fine for a while, but it seems that when a call comes in, after teh call is answered, you hear a click, and the dbm no longer works until reboot.
Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? The phones all updated when plugged in, but not sure about the modules.

These things are flaky.

Is there a bin file for the dbm? (I only see one for the bm32 (gbm file))

Yes I have a power brick, on each of the phones.

I've got the same problem.

1416 with DBM32 on a IP500 R6(8) with DS8.

After reboot works the buttons with users one time, after that the LCD also shows garbage characters.

Has anyone opened a ticket with Avaya yet? I will not pay the money just to open a ticket to fix their screw up.
Ordering 2 1616's with bm32's

telecomtekperson, I doubt it, I know I will not pay for the pleasure of reporting there own screw ups to them. I really think they have dug their own grave by doing that, more bugs will creap in and go much longer before getting fixed, the IP Office already has a bit of a reputation for being buggy, this isn't what we need :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Whichever Avaya Minion is watching this thread right now, SMACK SOMEONE in the cube next to you....

After you smack him, hang your head in shame.

The DBM32 was delayed being shipped for months and you still have zero software support.

And, you’re in release 6 of a product and can’t get it right!

I got 1400 series digital handsets to avoid VOIP complexities and now I wish I had 1600’s because at least I’d have other options when I drag the IP500 down the highway attached to my bumper.

Avaya - Please get on the ball!

My 2-Cents.... Venting... Peace :)

Mike

I am DOA'ing them back to the DISTY. Let them yell at AVaya.
And if the 2 new ones come and dont work, I will keep sending them back. Sooner or later the disty should get pissy, then MAYBE, Avaya will listen and fix the problem.

(The disty has had reports of teh same issues, but Avaya has no fix yet.)

Matt

It is on the caveats site for a while now.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Well kind of, but not really, this is the CQ:

"1616 BM32 user keys are not functioning correctly when IPO has been restarted"

It's a 1416 not a 1616 and it's a different button module, it should read "1416 DBM32 does not function" :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

There is an update in the new coming release.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

6.1 in November ?
Any news about when we can expect the Maintenance Release?

From EMEA Partner News Flash:

The button module adjunct for the 1400 Series Digital phones (DBM24 Material Code 700469968) is now shipping. Please note that for IP Office the Q3 Maintenance release is required, which will be available in August. Installing the DBM24 without this release may result in IP Office not working properly.

I don't think I've ever seen an EMEA Partner News Flash before, good that they rely on something few people ever look at to convey this information :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

If you Google "Avaya" and "EMEA Partner News Flash" you know what you get.... Nothing [thumbsdown] Maybe they should try smoke signals next time?

I do like the verbiage "may result" in IP office not working properly :) Like it had hope [ponder]

I like how they put the little slip of paper in the box last minute about the power brick requirement;
you'd think they type an extra sentence like "If used with IP-Office, Requires a currently unavailable R6 Q3 Patch"

Any case - Thanks VanZenden for pointing the not so public announcement and the Q3/August release timeline. At least we know help is coming soon.

Regards,
Mike

Apparently the Partner News Flash is a weekly publication. Which one contains the info about the dbm32?

Use system monitor unless of course you are a Tard then it IS the fault of the pbx.

Doctor:
"Yes, we can do your surgery today, but we wont have your necessary blood transfusion until September 1......."

WTF?

Put out a module they KNOW doesnt work, and in some blurb, tell us that it wont work for the next few weeks....pure A$$HATS!

I installed my 2 new DOA replacement DBM modules. Told the customer to let me know if this does not fix the problem...
Before I could get out of there, heard the "Click" of the DBM, and it went dead until a phone reboot.

UGH!

I am going to DOA these 2 as well. And I am going to keep DOA'ing the dang things.

Avaya News Flash dated 7/28. Maint release should be out in a week or 2. Ship and fix, now that's the answer!

"Now Shipping! 1400 Series Phone Adjunct
The button module adjunct for the 1400 Series Digital phones (DBM24 Material Code 700469968) is now shipping. Please note that for IP Office the Q3 Maintenance release is required, which will be available in August. Installing the DBM24 without this release may result in IP Office not working properly."

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

Why is it called DBM24 when it allegedly has 32 buttons? Is this a typo or will two versions of DBM be offered?

Use system monitor unless of course you are a Tard then it IS the fault of the pbx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back