Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1416 sets no coming up - file access error

Status
Not open for further replies.

broody81

Vendor
Jan 18, 2006
US
Trying to set up a all qty. of 1416 sets on 8.1 and get the usual "Upgrade Req" but then after a few, they read "file access error", which leads me to think what is needed is not on the SD card.

In Manager, I changed phone file server type to manager kept manager open on the pc and put that pc's ip address in the field.

Same problem. I will say that the PC is running 9 and the system is 8.1.

Anyone seen this message and what is the fix in the field while on site? Got two PCs out there, one with 8.1, one with 9.0. The system is 8.1.

Thanks

Use the SD card and check with monitor ( filter : Services > fileserver enabled ) which file is requested and why it fails to load

I will do that. Also, if the system and SD are 8.1, can I upload system files from the PC running 9 or should that also come from a PC running 8.1?

Phone files may come from a R9 distribution but IP Office firmware must be 8.1

These must be from 8.1:
avpots16.bin
ip500v2.bin
naatm16.bin
nadcp-16.bin
nadcpaV1.bin
naDCPv2.bin
nas0-16.bin

Thanks intrigrant. We got it going, but we ended up pushing up 1400R38 because it only had 1400R32. I'm sure we messed up the files on the SD card somehow between R9 and 8.1. I am guessing one of those files you list must instruct it to look to 1400R32 vs 1400R38 or visa versa. In the end, we are up.

Thanks again.

The 16xxupgrade.txt file lists the files that different phone models should request and load. The set of phone firmware files should have included also included the ..upgrade.txt file for the release.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back