Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1416 Phones Display FW Upgrade Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roldan

Vendor
Jul 11, 2002
US
I went on a service call for a system that the customer was told by a previous tech (different company) that their V2 Chassis needed to be replaced. Prior to that the tech told them that their Combo Card needed to be replaced because their phones were not working, when that was done the 1416 phones still did not work. The system is IPO V2 chassis in Basic-Partner mode Slot 1 has a Combo Card, Slot 2 has an ETR Card w/ATM4. I have found on several systems that when an ETR Card blows, the system will shutdown all phones, knowing this I checked the ETR Card and sure enough it was blown (you could visually see a burn mark on the circuit board. I removed the card and powered up the system and now the phones will come up but just display "FW Upgrade Required". I'm not sure what the previous tech did but in my experience if the ETR card would have been removed from the system everything should have come up fine as they were not even using the ETR Card. Any Ideas what would cause the phones to be stuck in that state?

Louie

Ensure the 1400 bin files in the Primary folder of the SD card

It could be a corrupt sd card or the files might be missing as aroldan suggested. I would pull the sd and recreate it to make sure all the proper files are loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back