Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1408 & BM32 Compatibility 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjr1105

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2014
US
I have a 1408 for a receptionist and a BM32 side card. The keyed cable plugs in no problem but there is no notch out of the 1408 or screw holes for mounting it directly to the phone. Will this work other than the physical challenge?

The same idiot(s) that........ ditched Phone Manager, made transfers ring as external, changed the UK English voicemail prompts to some dumb vaguely cockney sounding bird instead of the posh lady, removed the 90 day upgrade window, changed the Help files and refuses to introduce a simple f@#king "User Busy" screen prompt :)

Even a sibirian born russian understands "transfer".
(If not, it's an excellent opportunity to learn a few English words)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Had a customer that labeled the buttons with post-it notes.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

The only option was to buy localized face plates.

That's really stupid to remove the labels because everyone accepts the TV's remote control with English labels as well. Same in the car audio...

My 2 cents: I installed 22 1408 global phones in December and the single biggest problem is that everyone hates the global design. It has caused a lot of problems. Users do not want to think about which button does what, they want it labelled. I cannot imagine much this saves money in manufacturing but it is surely trivial and they could have just raised the price a few cents. Does Avaya pay any attention to complaints?

By the looks of it, sales went down, that's something they understand pretty well.
Not that I love the 14/1608's, but they are ok to wallmount in public areas, workshops and kitchens.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Perhaps they'll change the keypad to Roman Numerals next or hieroglyphics, that would continue their "Universal language of symbols" thing :)

Windings and braille...

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back