Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1408 & BM32 Compatibility 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjr1105

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2014
US
I have a 1408 for a receptionist and a BM32 side card. The keyed cable plugs in no problem but there is no notch out of the 1408 or screw holes for mounting it directly to the phone. Will this work other than the physical challenge?

It is not only a physical challenge but a mental as well as the BM32 cannot be attached to a 1408, it is designed and build for the 1416.

Where are you plugging the cable into on the 1408? As stated, this is not possible on a 1408.

Thanks guys. I'll have to chew out my sales guy once again. I thought that if the cable fits since it's 'keyed' that it would work.

It's keyed so that you can't use a regular RJ45 (unless you file in the notches..)

If you found a place to put the cable in on a 1408, you're either sacrificing the DS line from the IPO or you have an IP 1608 on your hands (plugging into the LAN out)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

It's wrong either way, digital phones (1416) use the DBM32 not the BM32, the BM32 is for 1616 IP Phones :)

I think there is a module port on the phone but it does not work.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Nope, it's totally fitting in the MOD jack and it's a 1408. Not sure what that's all about.

I should clarify it's a DBM-32 not a BM-32

Even if there is a port (i think there is) then it does not work.
Only the 1416 can have the DBM module.
The port is fake on the 1408.

BAZINGA!

It does fit but not supported, only works on the 1416. Avaya don't make the phones they're identical to other brands just slightly different internals, faceplates and colour etc :)

tlpeter is right. There is a port like the 1416 has but it doesn't work. Even if you don't want to use IP phones. It is the best option for a receptionist because you can use phones without paper labels and put BM24 next to it.

9508 is not a good option because I didn't find anyone who likes BM12. Not sure what the developer was thinking about when he created it...

Well, I'm stairing into the back of a 1408, there's only slightly glossier area where the 1608 LAN out should have been.

Different builds? Mine is old, made in Indonesia.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro he would have the new international version without the white labels on the buttons. Different part number- now discontinued.

Slow witted reptile belch.

Are you saying the phones without the text labels are being discontinued? Meaning we should start to see text labels again on the buttons soon? Because this is the #1 complaint of my last 3-4 systems. What a terrible decision to remove them.

No, the paper labels are still there.
It is the text under the buttons like transfer that are gone. Very annoying.

BAZINGA!

The thing people liked about Avaya phones was their ease of use...mainly due to the button labelling, people often complained about the use of symbols only on Nortel phones.....obviously Avaya would remove the labels, they dance to a different tune these days :)

I wonder what the idiot thought he/she improved by removing the button-text.
2 cents reduced production cost? I've no problem paying that extra peanut.

Not sold a single 14/16xx after they took that away.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

It's so they don't have to produce phones with different languages now. They can make one phone and ship it to any country now. I agree, really stupid "cheapskate" move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back