Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1408/16 sent to VM when there is no VM???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybeard191

Technical User
Jun 7, 2010
CA
IPO500V2, 6.0.18, 1408/1416 sets

hmmm... so I've got users (with 1408 or 1416 sets)who have VM (embedded) turned off in Manager. If a call comes in, alerts, and they push the middle feature button (which displays as "send to VM"), the call actually goes to VM, and the message waiting light comes on.

If they don't push "send to VM", the call rings forever, as would be expected (Manager thinks correctly that they are supposed to have no VM).

Somehow, the set is overriding the VM setting?

Is there a way around this, aside from lamely telling them "don't push that button"?

GB

not that I have found one with embedded.
With Vm Pro you can create a leave point and get creative.
why not just hit the ignore button instead of the send to vm, that stops it from ringing and they can go their merry way ignoring the call blinking away.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Remove the Vxxx on the source number of the user.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Wouldn't it be beter if the users actualy answered their phone & dealt with the call :)

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

removing Vxxx from source numbers does not change anything... :(

I still get a "To VM" button, and can send calls to VM.

GB

The "Voicemail On" checkbox only indicates that the extension's coverage path to voicemail is active. They still have a mailbox, and can still send callers to that mailbox using the described method. You can also forward messages to that mailbox.

Since the Embedded and VM Pro options are built in conjuction with IP Office users, they get a mailbox automatically regardless of needing one for use...not like some other systems where you build an extension/user and then separately build a mailbox...on IP Office it happens automatically.

OK... thanks. I kind of guessed that this was where it was headed. It'll be a "don't press that button" kind of thing.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back