Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1305 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim2002

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2002
US
Im installing a 3cd software package.( IACT. PatientEducatorSuite)

I get a installer information pop-up Error 1305. says "Error reading from file" then the path, then "Verify that the file exists and that you can access it." sometimes i get the error on disk 2 sometimes on disk 3.

If i try to copy the file from the cd i get a crc error. This is the second disk from the manufacturer.

They say its a windows XP problem, or a network error. They say that theres is a patch on microsoft's web site.

they also told me the cd is copied protected, so thats why i get a crc when trying to copy the file or all the disks to my hard drive to do the install.

anyone have any ideas???

Go to the microsoft website and get the patch and see if that helps. If not, get your money back.

I guess i should say they tech support people i've been talking to, have no clue, i am sure thats why the want me to go to microsoft and pay the $245.

I am pretty sure there isn't a patch, know one i know has ever heard of it.

So my question goes more into new versions of the microsoft installer or how to check the cd for errors, something to help narrow it down.

Why cant i copy the cds to my harddrive and then do the install, its not an image cd i can see all the flash and movie files.

install the latest version of windows installer and see if that helps. I think it's version 3.1 but check on the microsoft website.

I have version 3.1.4000.2435 which is the latest already installed. But I was thinking that might be the problem.

i guess i keep coming back to the crc error. Is there any copy protection that uses that error for protection.

I don't know, "crc error" is too generic to make a diagnosis.

Have you tried cleaning the CD's?

My advice just download all updates and patches available on microsoft. If it doesnt work then id turn the program back in for its probally a screw up they overlooked and are trying to move the excuse to something else. I have had isp's do that in the past. Companies love putting the blame elsewhere.

See if these help any:

from what I gathered, you may have to UPDATE or Reinstall the MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components)...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back