Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

123r5 database funtions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

captjlddavis

Programmer
May 29, 2002
US
Win 98Se, Lotus 123r5

I am trying to automate 123 worksheet with macros for an individual that is not very computer savy.

I've hit a block working with database functions:

How do I set up the "query table" to auto-update when data is changed in the database section:

I could use some help in writing the macro that will take the user to the "query" table, select the "query" table and "refresh" so they do not have to go thru the "query menu bar"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

Macro to select and update query.

{SELECT "Query 1";;"QUERY"}
{QUERY-REFRESH}

In the above example the query name is Query 1. You need to change the example above to the query name you are using.

Rick McCann

Hi Capt. Jim,

I see you're one of MANY who seem to have either stuck with Lotus 123 Release 5, or have REVERTED BACK to it. Hopefully some day soon, IBM will "follow the lead of the masses" and "do the same".

Just a little "pointer"... In Tek-Tips, the creators set up a means of "showing proper recognition and graditude" to contributors who provide a useful solution or tip.

It a simple matter of issuing one of those RED STARS you might have seen.

Issuing a STAR is done by clicking on the "Click here to mark this post as a helpful or expert post!" - located in the lower-left-corner of the contributor's posting.

Please, do NOT issue me a STAR for this "reminder". I want to EARN them in the normal manner. Thanks. :)

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back