Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1232 w/ DISA and Call Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

R6Wraith

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
CA
Ok guys here we go.... I have a 1232 with a DISA card that answers all the incoming calls. I have turned on BSS for the main extension however the tone does not go through. I am assuming it is because the DISA is being treated as an extension passing the caller from itself to the main extension which would require the BSS or "1" to be pushed.

So I am on the main phone on a line actively in a conversation and a second caller comes in. They are in the DISA and hit 0 for the operator (main extension). It comes to that extension and the green light blinks but no call waiting tone.

I am a bit rusty with my Panasonic but am familiar with it. Can someone confirm that I can not do this or tell me how I possible could.

Thanks in advance. I will confirm the repair here if someone gives me a solution.

Sorry for this....still rusty. I am assuming 7311# is done on the main set?

OK I will try and let you know......

Oh wait I tried that....same result. Just realized what you instructed me to do. The programming reflected the change BSS for that extension as well.

As I mentioned I think the system thinks an extension is transfering / calling so it looks for the "1" to be pushed.

get rid of bss if the disa blind transfers a
call to that ext you should get the muted ringing
if you do the 7311

cwc3 I tried 7312 same result. However, am I not setting BSS when I program 7311 on the set? Is that not doing the exact same thing as if I went into the programming and selected the main extension to enable call waiting using BSS.

Perhaps your other comment is the issue. How could I tell if a DISA is blind transfering or not? I am not sure if that is an option to set or not. The call is coming "muted" to the main extension as you stated.

So if I set no BSS in the programming and then manually at the set program 7311 will that give different results?

what are you using disa for auto attendant or is it a ucd application?

It's set up for a AA use. Set to answer after first ring. It's a Motel application.

busy station signalling is not call waiting .
I have a tvs 75 set dil 1:1 on my 816 office system and all I did to get muted ringing on a transfered or incoming call while I am on the phone is I hit 7312

easy way to tell if you are doing a blind transfer
(I never have used the disa card if you can believe that)
you dial in thru disa you press key in an ext and you watch that line on the dpt and see if it flashes during the transfer if so then it screened
if it lights solid red then its a blind transfer

if you find that it is screened a common audible attendant bell may be required if you or the customer will not spring for the tvs

Ok it's a blind then I beleive. I thought back to it and it's transfering blind. I will try agian the 7312 and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I will let you know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back