Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1220 Series Phone Will not Register to SRG 50 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodnight1880

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
In the process of installing a new SRG 50 using 1200 Series phones. I've tried several 1220's and 1 1230 phone and they are all doing the same. During the boot process the phone stop and this message appears on the screen "Connecting to Server". I've tried a phone that was manufactured in 2009 to make sure I don't have a firmware issue on the newer phones. I can with my laptop register a 2050 phone to the SRG and then redirect it to the MO. The SRG itself is registered with the main office. Not 100% sure this isn't a Networking issue but as usually I have to rule out it being a phone issue. I have serveral other SRG's running on this same Corp. network but of course at diferent location in different VLAN's. Any idea's???

1210/1220/1230 ship from the factory with a very basic software load. They need to connect to the BCM in order to download a full software load. That basic version sometimes has difficulty with vlans,... You may need to put them into a lab enviroment with a flat network (no vlan) and use a TFTP server & config file to load the software.

ARe you using partial, full, or static registration? Try static and make sure it's not a DHCP issue.

What I did was bypass the SRG. So on the phone for s1 I sent it to the main office the first time and after the firware download was completed I went back in and changed the s1 address to the SRG and everything worked fine. This was a 5.0 SRG and I just finished an SRG at 6.0 and had to doe the same thing. Something to do with the firmware on the phones out of the box the SRG doesnt like. Its an extra step but it doenst take that much longer. Or as gwebster said, if your lucky enough to have a lab you can pre-config in a lab.

I'm trying to connect to BCM 450 6.0.Just not sure how to upload firmware.

What are the phones doing when you try to download the firmware? Are they locking up and in the display screen you see "Connecting to Server". If you have another system on your network like a CS1000E or a MG system that is running IP phones (1200's) that you can reach over the network enter that address in the S1 field just long enough to download firmware (Note the port for the large systems is different from the BCM port). After the firmware has been upgraded you can then change the S1 field back to the BCM's address and the phone will boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back