Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

12 trunks on a sl2100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I am doing a fairly large install of a 2100. 30+ phones, 12 COT. Usually I go with a square setup. I believe I can only do 1 intercom, as such should I do these LOOP keys? Perhaps 1 intercom and 2 LOOP keys? Years ago on a PRI I did this on an 1100. Should I label them all Intercom? I think the LOOP only go out on the line pool? It would preferrable to just have multiple intercom appearances like other systems.

Intercom is only internal. Ya, I would use loop and park keys.

12 lines I would convert them to SIP or PRI it will save them money and they will get better service plus u will look like a hero for saving them the money… six lines is about the cut off where they will save money and it will be allot probably pay for the system in about a year.

If you have to stay POTS lines are u asking how to put them on hold or how to have them appear on the phone itself? If 24 button phone and they want to see them just give each line a key. If 12 button phone ring them to loop keys and use park keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back