Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

12-Month availability report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheard

Technical User
Jul 25, 2000
GB
Hi,
report originally written in CR X now using CR X1; datasource is CA-Unicentre Service Desk.

I have a report that shows, for the last 12 months,:
{Grp1} - Client
{Grp2} - Client Service
{Grp3} - MMM-YY Total_mins_available_this_month Total_Mins_Downtime_per_month %age_Uptime_this_month
{Detail} - all downtime calls for this client service for this month, the downtime minutes are summed in Total_Mins_Downtime_per_month in {Grp3}

Now I need a 12-month graph for each client service, showing the availability for each month.
Using the data in {Grp3} I can produce said graph - apart from the months when there is NO downtime.
Clients and our Service Management want to see the 100% available months as well as the less-than-100% months, so any ideas where I can add a dummy '100%' field?

OOPS - perhaps should have mentioned that the date in Grp3 is the downtime ticket open date set as a group, formatted into MMM-YY...

Can you modify the database? If so, having a value for each year and doing a left-outer link to the data should do it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Hi - unable to modify the db, but I'll try setting up an table or spreadsheet and use that as an additional datasource... Thanks

You could also create a formula that states (I'm making up a field name here as I don't know what your data looks like) If AvailMonth > 0 Then AvailMonth else "Default Value". Replace the AvailMonth field in the report with the new formula field. It should evaluate the value and if it is zero the default value you selected would be inserted. Otherwise, it would insert the actual value of the AvailMonth field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back