Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

12-24 Gbyte DDS3 Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlamoreaux

Programmer
Aug 11, 2001
US
I have a sun 12-24 Gbyte dd3 tape drive with a 68 pin SCSI interface. In the Sun install manual it says "HP DDS3 4mm tape"
Is this infact a HP tape drive?? I want to move it to a Windows 2000 server. I know I have to install a SCSI Host Adapter. I found a HP dat driver, not sure if it will work. Can anybody help???

It's very probable that the drive you have was originally manufactured by HP. Many companies make OEM drives for other companies.

Once you have the SCSI host adapter installed and working properly in Device Manager, connect the HP drive. You must terminate the first & last device (since you have no other devices, terminate the tape drive and the SCSI card). Device manager will probably automatically install the software it needs to communicate. If not, install the driver you have. Look back in Device Manager to make sure the drive is found and working.

Then install the backup software and you should be ready to go.

If it is a HP drive, then the drivers that you need are HP C1537A. This is the most common 12/24 drive out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back