Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11i install (java Run time environment error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandcv

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
IN
I am trying to install 11i vision demo on Windows2000.
I need urgent help solve following problem.

After successfully installing VC++, Mks tool kit & gnumake.exe,I started to install 11i.But I got the following error:

"Java Run time Environment was not found at
../../stage/components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.7.30/1/datafiles/expanded/jre\win32\bin\jrew.exe. Hence,the Oracle Universal Installer can not be run.
Please visit and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher and try again"

After that, I installed JDK 1.1.8 on C drive( I am installing 11i on F drive using stage area install).

I also checked and found that jrew.exe is esisting at the path as shown in the error above. But still, same error persists.

Please advice me solve this problem.
Thanks

Read my previous answer to your question posted on 11.2.2004.

Download and install Java 1.3.1

Hello Corporate,
I thank you very much for your advice.
Accordingly, I installed JDK 1.3.1 & tried a few times but still same problem persists. Pl let me know if there's any way to solve this.

Some facts/info for your ref:
1)On clicking OK to previously mentioned "Java Run time Environment error" , I get following errors:-

"Error in accessing system registry. You may not have enough permission to modify registry.
Installation can not continue"

On clicking OK to above error, I get following error with Retry and Abort options:

"Error Code received when running Oracle Universal Installer. Make sure CD#1 of the set is inserted and the following command is valid
Running the command: Executing command: D:\stage11i\redcd\disk1\rapidwiz\oui\NT\install\win32\setup.exe - esponseFile :\temp\rapidinstall\omni\VIS8i.rsp

(When I tried to execute above command from cmd I again got same "Java Run time Environment error"

2) I had JDK 1.1.7 on C drive. I did not Deintall it & after your advice installed JDK 1.3.1 on C drive itself.
(which I guess shouldn't be a problem).

3)I already created user "oracle" at domain level with local Admin rights(member of local Administrators Group).

4) The 11i release I am trying to install is 11.5.0(have to install old Rel for some reason) on Windows2000 thru stage area.

Eagerly waiting for your response.
Thanks once again.
Anand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back