Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11i install 11.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandcv

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
IN
I seek ans to following questions for 11i installation on Win2000. Pl respond.

1)Which user account I should login to for Oracle Apps 11i installation? Either applmgr or I should create new user? And what privilages such user must have? Documentation on this is a bit confusing

2)Is it mandetory to install VC++,MKS tool kit & gnu make
even for vision demo installation? Where no patches are required to be applied? I heard if you dont need to apply patched, you dont need to install above 3 tools/utilities.
Is it true?
Also, should I install above 3 tools thru same user account as I will use for 11i installation( as mentioned in Q1 above).

3) In above situation,Can I install test and/or prod in future?

Eagerly waiting for your advice.
Thanks
Anand

Hi anand

when u r going install apps 11.5.0 give

username: administrator
password: admin

and u need to install MKS tool kit,Vc++,gnumake manually

and u have to copy the gnumake in MKSNT

Hi skdasari,

Thank you very much for your response.
We have got 11.5.9 now and we're trying install that.

Pl let me know what're the utilities required for 11.5.9 apart from following(in its order)which I am having:

1)VC++ 6.0
2)gnumake
3)MKS tool kit 6.1a(Do I need to have MKS' newer Release than 6.1a for 11.5.9? How can I get that?)
4)JDK 1.3.1

Also, is copying the gnumake in MKSNT required for 11.5.9?
and what're other such files I need to copy & where ?

I am not yet very clear about user account & its attributes needed for apps installation.
I request you to throw light on above

Thanks in advance
Anand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back