Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11C software installation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknouser

Technical User
Jan 22, 2006
DZ
Hello,
I have a non operating 11C trying to complete a sysload unsuccessfully,so I tried to reload the SW from a Pcmcia card, but when I get to the installation process I have the following msg:

*** WARNING *** A system restart will be invoked
as part of the software installation process

Are you sure you wish to perform the installation? (y/n/[a]bort) : y

BACKING UP OLD SOFTWARE AND FILES:
Backing up flash ROM software modules:
Backing up: auxres
Backing up: diskos
Backing up: sl1res
Backing up: ovlres
Backing up directory record
Backing up files
FATAL ERROR: Could not back up old files.

Main Cabinet Software Installation Main Menu :
1. New Install or Option 11/11E Upgrade - From Software DaughterBoard
2. System Upgrade
3. Utilities
4. New System Installation - From Software Delivery Card
[q]uit, [h]elp or [?], <cr> - redisplay

Enter Selection :

Is there anyway to bypass the backing up of the old SW and therefore erase the bad installed SW?

Any help will be useful

teknouser

Hi John,

I tried option 1 but it leed me to the same issue

Any help will be useful

tecnouser

This happen to me once once. The daughter board on the SCC Card was bad I had to chnge it and Load the PBX from scratch. Also make sure your PCMCIA card is in the rite slot.

Hope this helps... I went to the school of hard knocks when my problem happened.

Rich
Marathon Oil
Equatorial Guinea

I'll get a new flash daughter board so to replace the bad one.

Thx to all of you

teknouser

Your daughterboard could be corrupted. It can be repaired by formatting it first & then loading in the new software.
However, what size is your PCMCIA card & what software are you trying to load in?. The PCMCIA card must be a minimum of 40 Megs & that it needs to have room on it in order to backup the files during the upgrade!.
This would then allow you to do a uninstall if you needed it.
Assuming that you copied the software onto the PCMCIA card, before extracting it. Make sure that you remove the 16 Meg "*.exe" file to leave some space on the card.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

I have a 64Meg PCMCIA with an X1125.40B in it.
But how can I format the flash daughter board?

Thx

Teknouser

I suggest not to format your PCMCIA, but only delete some files on it : In archive directory or in backup directory. After using the same card for many upgrade, it becomes full...

Formatting your PCMCIA is a great chance it's not able anymore to be recognize by opt11

Formatting your DB, enter Ctrl B at startup. I have not the following sequence on my hand... if someone can help...

YOU CAN FLASH THE DAUGHTERBOARD TO THE Z DRIVE BY USING THE UTITLITES OPTION THIS WILL GET THE SYSTEM UP AND RUNNING UNTIL YOU CAN REPLACE THE DAUGHTERBOARD AND INSTALL THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE, THEN YOU CAN RESTORE THE CONFIG FROM THE Z DRIVE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Firebird,

Where is that on your site? I only saw Motorcycle stuff on there.

Hi everyone,

I formated the DB and when rebooting, the system automatically installed the SW.
But now I have a problem in accessing the system.
I saw in this forum that I can reset the pwd to the default pass in the pdt tool.

Thx for all the posts

Hi everyone,

I reinstalled the software and now the default pwd in working fine.

Thx for all of you

This is for firebirdscrambler, I went to your website and could find the link to the S/W Daughterboard flash procedure... I looked at the bottom but didn't see any link. I have the same problem as Teknouser...

Hi maripaq
Can we know the system type and the Rls,

Teknouser

Hi Teknouser,

It's an OP11C running rls 25.40B. I kept getting a "Warm Start - Reason 36". I followed Firebirdscrambler's procedure to format the D/B an reinstalled the software. It's been running smooth for 2 days now so I can say that it has fixed the prob because it was rebooting every 30 minutes or so prior to.

Maripaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back