Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11c non-voip w/ 65nn voip

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSSTCO

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
There are a number of config examples for an 11c voip to CISCO voip setup. Can anyone direct me to a link that has an 11c non-voip (Rel 23) to CISCO voip.

First of all you should stay with Nortel on VoIP.

Are you trying to connect a T-1 to the Call Manager?

Yes, T1. A migration over time from a NON VOIP Nortel
to VOIP CISCO w/Call Manager as money is received to
replace 2616 sets with CISCO IP sets.
Agree with staying Nortel. What is your main pro/con on the subject.
All I need at this time is to be able to make a point to point call between systems.

You can configure the Cisco Gateway pri as a Nortel Sl-1 Network Side and configure the Nortel PRi as the SL-1 user side and utilize the MCDN functionality.
My opinion is if you Nortel in your enviroment and you want to try VoIP, you should leverage you existing investment with the IP enabled options.

Seabee
Thanks for the info.
Just what I was looking for.

We cannot install a Dchannel card in our Nortel 11C.
It needs big bucks hadrware and software upgrades. We don't care about caller ID etc.
The PBX is configured with everything necessary to connect to call manager. The CISCO side of the connection is a port on a 6608 blade in a 6509.
We need to connect NON-Dchannel which I have been told means non PRI. Need to use T1 CAS. Can't seem to locate CAS as a device protocol in CCM. Gateway type of VOIP T1 was selected in CCM. Anybody have suggestions?
Status light on the 6608 port stay RED.
Thanks
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back