Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11c main cabinet dialtone problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have an 11c with 3 cabinets connected via fiber cards. Main cabinet has SSC card, universal trunk card for overhead paging, T1/PRI card and 5 analog m/w cards. Second and third cabinets have mix of analog and digital line cards and third cabinet also has CallPilot server card. Problem started with ground fault error showing for main cabinet and message waiting lamps not working on analog phones connected to main cabinet. Replaced power supply main cabinet and problem seemed to be resolved. Several days later all analog phones from main cabinet had no dialtone and universal trunk card stopped functioning also for overhead paging. PRI card seems fine and other 2 cabinets are not affected as all phones in those cabinets and CallPilot working fine even for dn's from main cabinet. Some, if not all analog dn's in main cabinet phone will ring when called, but cannot answer and no dialtone available. I have replaced power supply again with no resolution. I would note that when stating some of the analog cards in the main cabinet all dn's show busy. This is not the case on all cards. My next step is to replace cabinet chassis. Am I on the right track or am I missing something?

I don't think it's the chassis, unless you have a Option 11c Mini system as it's known for the power unit to fail or get hot as the airflow can be blocked on the grill.

As it's only the analogue cards that are affected, it might be the SSC card as the DTR / CONF are built within it.

Is it the 10 slot cabinet or 4 slot mini system?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Can the SSC card affect just one cabinet as other cabinets are fine and universal trunk in main cabinet is also not working?

STAT 0 gives these results:

stat 0
00 DSBL 00 BUSY TDS
00 = IDLE (DTR)
01 = IDLE (DTR)
02 = IDLE (DTR)
03 = IDLE (DTR)
04 = IDLE (DTR)
05 = IDLE (DTR)
06 = IDLE (DTR)
07 = IDLE (DTR)

Okay replaced cabinet and power supply this a.m. and no difference in problem. Any suggestions?

If you still have a problem, start at the very basics....

Given that you have a major problem, try removing EVERY card in the system (Except the SSC) bar 1. Test for your dial tone.... if still no dial tone, pull that card and try another.

This can even go to the point of not only taking out all cards, but isolating the secondary cabinet fibres.

After that, you make decisions based on the results.

Turned out to be Universal Trunk card causing voltage problems. Replaced card and all returned to normal after powering down system and back up.

Thanks for all the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back