Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11C CLID dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilcomm

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
I have a block of 200 DID/DOD numbers from my local provider. These nuimbers come in on 2 PRI's running NI2. The switch is an 11C with 25.40. I have several phones that are showing up as the main billing number when an outbound call is made. The main billing numberis 479-4232. I have the block of numbers that goes from 479-4200 to 479-4399. Certain DNs show up as the main billing number on outbound calls even though they use the same CLID entry for their DN. This happens on analog and digtal phones. All the DN's in the block are supposed to be "turned on" and ready to use. (we only use about 110 of them at any one time). To keep some of the DNs as showing the main number, I have "forced" the CLID by making an entry in the CLID table for a working DN and using that entry after the DN in station programming.
What would cause the CLID to show as wrong and make the CO send the main billing number even when the DN uses the same CLID entry that sends the DIDN=yes. I have done a TRAC of some of the stations that are set up with CLID entry 0 that send the DIDN on the outbound on sets that are OK and sets that show up as the main billing number. The TRAC shos that the info on both good and bad sets are the same except that they send the proper DN like they are supposed to yet the bad sets show the wrong CLID to the called party. Is this possibly a CO porblem that doesn't recognize the DN as a valid number associated to this customer? or should I check somthing else inthe RLI or DMI?

There are many possibilities. If the DN's are calling the same number and the CLID shows correctly for 1 but not the other and all setting for both tn's are the same the trouble probably lies in the CO. The only other thing to test is to see if it happens on both T1's.

best way to test is with the dch monitor.. ld 96 enl msgi x shows the actual number your sending. the central office has to have each of your did's plus your main billing number in there "clid" data base. when pri's 1st came out, you could send any number you wanted, that caused legal problems so now a change in clid needs to be entered in the providers data base.. if your sendind the right numbers in your clid and still not getting the right display, then check with your provider.. i have a couple of backup pri's for over flow they only send the main published did's.. that office claims they can't send my did block xxx-0000 to xxx-9999.. they could but don't know how to program there dms.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are they using key 1 instead of key 0 ??

Make life easy for us to help you and stop guessing at what may be wrong. give us a TNB of the phone that doesn't work.

If I print a TNB it will be 50 pages long since this is happening on various DID numbers. Most of which are 500 sets. so key 0 or key 1 doesnt make a difference.....

Does it seem to be a certain range of numbers in the DID range or intermittent numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back