Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140E phones showing double digits when dialing out 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem257

Programmer
Jun 9, 2009
US
Hi,

I have a CS1000M with 5.0 and 1140E phones throughout. I've had three users state that intermittently when they are dialing out they will see the digits doubled on the display. This causes a problem when they dial out LD and somtimes 911 is outpulsed. Doesn't seem to happen often. They are on C6E firmware. PBX deplist was updated about two weeks ago. These phones are agent phones acquired in CCMA 6.0. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Interesting - we are on 5.0 with 6.0 CCMA as well and have had instances of 911 misdials. We have not determined if it is a system issue or a user issue. We are getting an outbound dialer so I guess we will see if that issue clears itself. Our best guess this far is agent/user issue but if you hold the key down it doesn't produce another digit - so maybe a fat finger - trying to dial 912 or 914?

By way of suggestion...... is it that your users are hands free dialling and the set is hearing DTMF from the speaker?

DFKSydney: I don't believe they are handsfree dialing, this is a travel agency and these agents are on headsets all day. One of the users is the telecom engineer who issues my trouble tickets, so if he's experienced it I tend to believe it being a legitimate problem. But it's darn hard to reproduce. Not sure if it might be patch issue, or firmware issue, or other.

If you have the ability, you may want to utilize the latest version of Wireshark and take a capture of the traffic to/from one these phones. Wireshark can decode UNISTIM protocol traffic and you can compare this against non-problem calls to see if it something being sent from the switch or if it is a phone firmware problem.

curtismo: Thank you, I'll see if the customer can utilize Wireshark to help isolate this issue. It's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back