Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140e ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

extreme10

Technical User
Mar 12, 2014
US
does the 1140e ip phone need an upgrade if it's current version is 0625c13, to make a kem work??

cs 1000s

thanks
extreme10

The Firmware 0625C13 is from year 2009. It depend from the Software of your switch. Which software versión is the CS1K ?

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

typically i don't update firmware unless i am having a problem or i am wanting some new functionality. We updated the 1140 firmware once to allow the use of usb headsets.

C13 is not a GA release for the 11xx. C1B was the first GA release of firmware for the 11xx in Feb 2006. Support for the KEM was added with C39 in December 2006. The latest is C8T from August 2013.

Thanks for you replies. So, the reason I can't get the KEM to work is
probably the software version? I'll just replace it with a 2004 ip phone.

If you are using software that old on your 1140E, then having the KEM not working is probably the least of your problems. The latest software can be freely downloaded from support.avaya.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back