Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140e Handsfree Button and Display Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave K

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2018
US
BCM450 installed onsite with 25 1140e IP phones.

All phones are operating except for one that displays an odd handsfree issue.

This phone shows HF/Mute on the button 6 position, lower right of intercom display, unable to figure out why or how to disable - Handsfree green button works as expected.

I have double checked all the settings in Element Manager, all phones have same settings for related things like 'Handsfree' dropdown is Auto 'HF Answerback' is checked and 'Silent Montitor' is unchecked. Turned off Headset items in phone menu, and nothing looks to be related there also.

I have done a reset using the **code + MAC address method, but same result.

Phones are running 0625C8J FW and have been flawless. BCM is 10.0.1.04.138, also solid.

Let me know where I'm missing something. This is kinda baffling and I haven't been able to find any reference to HF/Mute except for other sets.

Thanks in advance

Under Sets in second column what model set does it show as?
Seems to think it's an M7310 model.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for the reply Curlycord.

That set shows the same value as the remaining sets in the system.

1040E/2004/2007/2050/221x

I agree that is seems the system thinks this phone doesn't have a hard HF button, but I can't seem to figure out why.

Thanks again.

Thank you both for your recommendations.

I have ensured Set Relocation is unchecked. Then deregistered two sets, swapping their DNs. The HF/Mute key followed the DN.

IE: Utility Room is DN 1001 - This has the HF/Mute Button Problem. - Office is DN 1101 and working as expected. Deregister both DNs, and swap them. Now Office is DN 1001 and shows the HF/Mute problem. - Problem follows DN and not the physical IP Phone

Also attempted a simple deregister / re-register on DN 1001. Same effect.

Bingo!!

Thanks Curlycord

I kept thinking it was a setting somewhere, but apparently copying a good DN to this DN did some background programming that resolved the issue.

Thanks a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back